At “Holistic Physical Therapy & Pilates”, we take your privacy very seriously. We have a legal
responsibility to focus on the privacy and security of your Protected Healthcare Information
(PHI). The federally mandated program, Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of
1996 (HIPAA), has set standards for the disclosure and protection of individually identifiable
health information and any medical records related to those individuals. This Act gives you the
right of understanding and controlling how your health information is being disclosed. In
compliance with HIPAA, we are notifying you of our responsibilities and how we are required to
information that we collect using this web site.
Contact information means personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email address that is provided to us for the purposes of interacting with us through the website. For example, it includes details that you enter in relation to a general enquiry on a "contact us" form on our website. Contact information does not include personal information given during the provision of paid physiotherapy services by us to you (see the definition of "health information" below);
Content means all text, graphics, images, video, sound and other data displayed on, or made available from the web site. It includes, without limitation, any blog post published on the web site;
Health information means personal information collected or generated by us during the course of providing paid physical therapy services to you;
Personal information means information that identifies you or could be used to identify you
(including contact information and health information);
We, us and our similar words refer to Holistic Physical Therapy & Pilates.
Website refers to the site located at the domain “holisticptpilates.com”
Where possible, we try to collect health information exclusively from prospective patients.
However, if the patient is under 18, we may require a responsible adult (i.e. a parent or guardian)
to provide health information and make payments on behalf of the patient.
will include references to both the patient and the responsible adult.
In the course of our interaction with you, we may collect personal information (including contact
information and health information) that relates to you. The types of personal information that
we collect will vary according to the type of activity as follows:
1. Browsing: We use "Google Analytics", a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc
("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your
computer, to help us analyze how people use the web site. The information generated
by the cookie about your use of the web site includes your IP address and your location
selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, however you may not be able to use
the full functionality of the web site if you choose to do this.
2. Enquiring: You will need to provide contact information to us if you choose to submit a
question or request to us via email or using our "contact us" form. The information that
you will need to provide will include a name, and email address.
3. Subscribing: You will need to provide contact information to us if you choose to receive
updates and information periodically. This contact information will include a name and
either an email address, or a username for a particular social networking service (e.g.
Instagram or Facebook).
4. Commenting: You will need to provide contact information to us if you choose to make a
comment in relation to any content. This contact information will include your name,
contact details - including email address - and (if they can be used to identify you) the
views which you choose to express. Additionally, you may choose to submit personal
information in the form of a small photograph, Avatar or Gravatar;
5. Accessing Restricted/Members Only Content: Some information we provide is only
available to those who register by providing certain contact information (usually a name
and email address and sometimes a phone number);
6. Entering Competitions: We may, from time to time run competitions (trade promotion
lotteries) periodically with the aim of promoting ourselves. The information that you will
be asked to provide is detailed in the terms and conditions of each competition that we
7. Submitting Payments: When paying for services from our website, you may also provide
sensitive and confidential payment information. This payment information may take the
form of credit card details or bank account details. We also record your computer's
unique Internet Protocol (IP) address when you make the payments;
8. Other Activities: We may use information for purposes not listed above in the following
circumstances: (a) where specifically authorized by you; (b) where the use is related to
one of the primary purposes listed above and where it could reasonably be expected; (c)
where it is necessary for us to comply with the law or the lawful direction of a
governmental authority or court; or (d) where it is in the interests of public health and
If we provide services to you in the form of a custom analysis of your condition and a tailored
exercise program or in the form of answering a "quick question", this will involve us collecting
health information from you and generating health information about you. Health information
provided by you will be collected through an online questionnaire which is designed to obtain a
detailed medical history and other information required to make a diagnosis and recommend a
treatment plan. Such information may take the form of:
1. Personal details such as your name, age, and gender;
2. administrative information such as your address, email address, phone number and billing
information (including bank account or credit card information);
3. Information about your current health service providers, including general medical
4. Information about current or past symptoms, injuries, diseases, conditions or disabilities;
5. Information about past operations, treatments received, and treatment programs
6. Information about allergies;
7. Information about medications you are taking or have taken;
8. Information about your family medical history where relevant to your own condition;
9. Information about accidents, incidents or circumstances which caused or may have caused injury or discomfort;
10. Our opinion of your medical condition;
11. Our recommended treatment plan.
Except as set out in Clauses 6 and 7 below, we will not disclose your personal information to
other persons or entities. In particular:
We will not give, lend, rent or sell your personal information to any third party telemarketing,
market research organization or email list building organization that might on-sell it to other
people or organizations.
1. We will not use or disclose your health information except in accordance with your
directions, or as necessary to deliver our health services to you.
We may use or disclose your contact information for the following purposes:
1. Answering Queries: If you have contacted us with a query or request, we will use your
contact information to respond to that query or request;
2. Providing Information: If you subscribe to receive information from us in the form of a
newsletter or emailed updates, or a feed via a social networking service, we will use your
contact information to send that information to you from time to time. The information
may take the form of general communications which simply allow us to "keep in touch"
with you, or may be direct marketing material which contains special promotions and
3. Displaying Comments: If you submit a comment, we have the right to display that
comment on the website, along with your name, although we will not publish your email
4. Delivering Restricted Access/Members Only Content: If you register to receive restricted
access or member only content, we will use your contact information to deliver that
content to you. We may also choose to contact you and to offer or discuss the provision
of relevant services by us to you;
5. Competition Administration: If you win a prize in one of our competitions, we will use
your contact information to notify you, and will publish your name as the winner if
required to do so by law; and
6. Usage Analysis: We use your information to generate a holistic but anonymous picture of
our user base and usage patterns. This information allows us to analyze trends and
demographics and helps us to improve on the content and services provided.
We may use or disclose your health information for the following purposes:
Treatment/Recommendations: We will use your health information to enable us to diagnose your condition, and (where appropriate) to recommend a treatment plan and to provide you with
further information about treatment options, or to provide you with answers to specific questions;
1. Business Management: We will use your health information to allow us to manage our
business, for example through planning, or evaluating and assessing the cost- effectiveness of a particular treatment or service;
2. Quality Assurance: We will use your health information to enable us to perform quality
assurance or clinical audit activities, where we evaluate and seek to improve the delivery
of a particular treatment or service;
3. Compliance: We will use your health information to comply with accreditation activities,
and the requirements of professional and industry bodies such as the Federal State Board
of Physical Therapy and individual state licensing boards;
4. Complaints Handling: We will use your health information to respond to complaints
made by you;
5. Insurance: We will use your health information to co-operate with our liability insurers
(e.g. by disclosing details to a medical expert, insurer, defense organization or legal
advisor) in the event that we become aware of a potential or actual claim against us by
6. Defense of Claims: We will use your health information obtain advice and legal services
in relation to the defense of potential or actual legal proceedings.
C. Personal Information
We may use personal information (both contact information and health information) for the
1. Payment Administration: We will use financial data to process payments, and (if
necessary) coordinate refunds.
2. Fraud Prevention: Online businesses such as us occasionally suffer from the fraudulent
activities of some shoppers. We have the right to use the personal information that we
collect to verify your identity. For example, we could compare names on accounts with
information on credit cards, or with publicly available information such as White PagesTM
data. These checks are done carefully by a member of our Customer Experience Team,
and using manual rather than automated methods. The checks will usually be done only if
there is a reason to suspect fraud;
3. Debt Recovery: We may use your personal information to recover debts owing to us;
4. Sale of a Going Concern: At some point in the future, we may decide to sell the assets of
our organization as part of a sale of business. Our customer or user database would be
included in this sale. We would only sell this database as part of a going concern so that
the new owners could continue to provide services to you. The new owners would also be
them. We would not sell our customer or user database separately from our other assets;
5. Other: We may also disclose your personal information where required or necessary
under the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 (e.g. if it is necessary to prevent a serious
threat to public safety etc).
During the course of our business, we may disclose your personal information as follows:
1. Service Providers/Business Associates: Third party companies and individuals (including
Google, Stripe, and other online payment or business service providers) are engaged from
time to time to perform specific business services for us. These services include the
processing of payments, trend analysis, marketing and promotions. We may need to
provide some of your details to these services providers (or require you to provide your
details directly to them) in order for them to perform their functions. We will only do so
where it is strictly necessary for them to perform these functions;
2. Authorities etc: We will pass on information relating to suspected fraudulent activity to
appropriate authorities including the police, banks and credit card issuers, or otherwise if
required to do so by law;
3. General Public: If you win a prize in one of our competitions, we will disclose some of
your contact information in certain publications in order to comply with our obligations
under applicable trade lotteries legislation. Precise details of the disclosures to be made
appear in the terms and conditions of each competition, and entry into each of our
competitions requires your consent to such disclosures.
The disclosures of information listed in section (a) above, may involve transmitting, storing or
processing information across national borders. This includes (amongst other things): our right to host the web site on servers located outside the United States; our right to conduct usage
analysis; and our right to process payments. You consent to the transmission of data for these
In addition, personal information that you submit in the form of, or relating to, comments will be
published on the Internet and will be accessible in any location around the world in which there
is Internet access.
Subject to the exceptions allowed by law, you have a right to view, change and remove the
personal information that we store about you.
Requests for us to assist you to view, change or remove your personal information, should be
made in writing and emailed to “email@example.com” You should provide us with any
details necessary to enable us to comply with your request, including your name and the capacity in which you believe we are storing your personal information (i.e. as a customer, newsletter subscriber, patient etc).
After receiving your request, we will respond to your request within 10 business days.
We do not disseminate spam, as we only send information to people who have requested it. If
you have requested information from us in the past, but have now changed your mind, please
1. click on the "unsubscribe" link in any one of our communications (if available); or
2. reply to any of our email messages using the word "unsubscribe" in the heading; or
3. contact us “firstname.lastname@example.org”
There is no charge associated with being removed from our mailing or communications list.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or
alteration of your personal information, and to prevent unauthorized access, modification or
disclosure of your personal information. Payment information is processed by secure servers
hosted by Stripe, and not on this website.
If you are a registered member of the web site, please sign out once you have finished using our website and close your browser (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari). This ensures that no one else can access your personal information after you.
You are responsible for the security of, and access to, your computer. There are particular risks
when you use your computer for online shopping in a public place (such as an Internet cafe).
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any account
Further Privacy information can be obtained on the web site of the Federal Communications
Commission (FCC), which can be found at: https://www.fcc.gov/general/privacy-act-
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our website, please send us a detailed message at “holisticptpilates.com”. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: Jan 1, 2020
We follow GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance specifications. This is the
list of third-party vendors we integrate with for analytic purposes: Google, Facebook. For email
and scheduling capability: Google, Wordpress, Calendly, Zapier. For web hosting & storage
services: Wordpress, Dreamhost, Google.
I confirm that I have read all of the above information and hereby understand and acknowledge
receipt of “Holistic Physical Therapy & Pilates” Notice of Privacy Policies. I understand “Holistic Physical Therapy & Pilates” has reserved a right to change its privacy practices and that any
revised copies of the Notice of Privacy Policies are available to me.
Name: _______________________________________ Date: _________________